My Work
About Me
Resume
Gallery
5280ft.ink@gmail.com linkedin Insta:@5280ft.ink_art
Hero

Do a Kickflip

General Info

Completed: December 2021

Applications: Cinema 4D, Illustrator

Dimensions: 13" x 18"

Time Taken: about 1.5 months

Prompt

Create a 13" x 18" vertical poster for the Imagine RIT Event using Cinema 4D. Design must be original and include both the event name and date.

Idea

Originally, I wanted to create a full distopian scene of a robot in an alleyway. But after blocking out the scene, I realized that it was too cluttered and did not feel like a poster. After that realization, I changed up the idea, deciding to center and emphasize the robot. I also changed the head to a more vertical design that was more appealing and the colors to a clean basic white, black, and blue; a more commonly used color palette for modern and futuristic robots.

What I learned

I learned a few things. First, I definitely got much better in a technical sense. I improved at modelling, composing, texturing, and rigging in Cinema 4D. I also learned how to use the Redshift render engine. Other than the technical skills I picked up, I also learned how to adapt and change my ideas when something doesn't work out. I spent a long time working on my first idea, but when I realized it wasn't working out, I was able to cut my losses, adapt and change to create something better.

Main Work Process

Sketches, References, and Assets

Inspiration